Arthur C. Jeng, M.D.
Infectious Diseases Service, Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
Dept of Medicine, Rm. 2B-182
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
14445 Olive View Drive
Sylmar, CA 91342
Phone: (818) 364-3205
Fax: (818) 364-4573
Skin/soft tissue infections, group A streptococci virulence factors, infection in the immuncompromised host, clinical antibiotic trials
- Aziz R, Pabst M, Jeng A, Nizet V, Kansal R, Kotb M. Comparative
proteomic analysis of secreted proteins of Group A Streptococci shows
differential expression of virulence factors. Submitted to Journal of
Clinical Investigation, June 2003.
- Jeng A, Li Z, Sakota V, Datta V, Beall B, Nizet V. Molecular genetic
analysis of a group A streptococcal operon encoding serum opacity factor
and a novel fibronectin-binding protein, SfbX. Journal of Bacteriology. 2003: 185(4): 1208-17.
- Kansal RG, Nizet V, Jeng A, and Kotb M. Modulation of superantigen
induced responses by the streptococcal cysteine protease (SpeB). Journal
of Infectious Diseases. 2003: 187(3): 398-407.
- Aziz RK, Pabst MJ, Jeng A, Kansal R, Low DE, Nizet V, and Kotb M. Invasive M1T1 group A Streptococcus undergoes a phase-shift in vivo to prevent proteolytic degradation of multiple virulence factors by SpeB. Mol Microbiol. 2004: 51(1):123-34.
- Jeng A, Chen J, and Katsivas T. Prosthetic valve endocarditis from Granulicatella adiacens (nutrionally variant streptococci). J Infect. 2005: 51(3):e125-9.
- Timmer AM, Kristian SA, Datta V, Jeng A, Gillen CM, Walker MJ, Beall B, Nizet V. Serum opacity factor promotes group A streptococcal epithelial cell invasion and virulence. Mol Microbiol. 2006: 62(1):15-25.
- Richman M and Jeng A. Intra-abdominal co-infection with Mycobacterium bovis and Actinomyces in an AIDS patient: the first reported case and review. J Infect. 2007: 55(4):e115-8.
- Kotb M, Kansal R, Nizet V, Jeng A, Chaung W, Kotb M. Selective Modulation of
Superantigen-Induced Responses by the Group A Streptococcal Cysteine
Protease, SpeB. 103rd General Meeting of the American Society
for Microbiology, Washington DC, May 2003.
- Beall B, Jeng A*, Li Z, Sakota V, Fierer J, Nizet V. The group A streptococcal sof
operon maps 10 kb from the mga Locus and is comprised of sof and another novel fibronectin binding protein
6th ASM Conference on Streptococcal Genetics, Asheville, NC, April 2002. (*presenting author)
- Jeng A, Irwin M. Effects of Cortisol and Norepinephrine on Natural
Killer Cell Activity. NIH Poster Conference, San Diego. July 1994.